The requirement to charge many of these crimes as a felony rather than a misdemeanor was heightened a few years back but thousands of cases are still filed throughout Oklahoma every year. I have defended many variations of the following charges. Very often the evidence in these cases is very poor, for example, the state will purport to have a video that identifies a defendant but upon examination the video is blurry or inconclusive or even worse, the connection of the alleged defendant to the alleged crime is very unclear. A defendant charged with a property crime often has an excellent opportunity to defend himself in court.
- Car Theft and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
- Home Repair Fraud
- Bogus Check
- Concealing Stolen Property
- Grand Larceny and Petit Larceny
- Larceny from a Retailer or Wholesaler
- False Declaration to a Pawnbroker
- Credit Card Fraud/Possession of Stolen Credit Cards
- Malicious Injury or Destruction of Property
- Stealing Gasoline
If you are accused of theft or fraud your liberty and your reputation as an honest person is at stake which could affect future employment opportunities. If you have questions about the ramifications of theft or fraud call me anytime.